Sunday, April 24, 2011

Next year I'm giving up rain for Lent.

I left this morning at 6:45am on a quest for a long but easy, beautiful waterfall hike near Mount St. Helens. It was raining when I left, it continued to rain for an hour, and then I got lost and frustrated and decided to head back and do one of the favorite Gorge standbys.

It continued to rain. And rain, and rain.

So I ultimately skipped the hike, came home and went back to bed. Around 1pm (!) I finally got up. Got a really disappointing lunch at a joint the locals love, watched The Fountainhead (awfully disappointing, even worse than the Atlas Shrugged trailers make that one out to be) and did some depressing digital cleansing.

So much for Sunday Funday.

But! After 47 days* I am enjoying this...

... and covering up the gray, and then settling in for a Veronica Mars marathon to brush up on witty comebacks for the coming week. There may also be a pedicure and possibly some aforementioned Ben & Jerry's in the cards as well.

Given the four hour nap, I suspect I needed this zero day. Really hoping the raw local honey is working its magic against allergies this year but I suspect I'm in for another killer season. I'm far less mentally prepared for a full work week than in previous nature-weekend-filled weeks, and I think I might really need that perspective tomorrow, but my horoscope yesterday said I should slow down. Sometimes I think it knows me better than I know myself. And so here I sit, listening.

At least if this week sucks, I can go to happy hour!

________________
* A whole 47 days and no alcohol. Well, I failed once - but it was for a good cause and I confessed my sin. Not that this is a feat or a big deal, it's not like that. But while I haven't "figured it all out," I'm getting there, and it sure did get me out of a lot of mandatory fun. Thanks, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment