Saturday, April 23, 2011

I hear you, Universe.

A month ago I was scheduled to go kayaking on the coast, but the trip was canceled because of the wind. It was also really rainy that day (and a 1.5 hour drive one-way) and I hadn't really been looking forward to it for those reasons despite valiant efforts to psych myself up for it.

I rescheduled at that time for a trip tomorrow. Every day this past week I considered rescheduling again - it's finally spring here, the wildflowers are coming out in waves, and my last three Sunday hikes have been really good mental prep for the long work weeks ahead. But I didn't, and I've been trying to psych myself up for it all day.

Just got an email from the guide saying he broke his foot and the trip was canceled tomorrow.

Really sorry about his foot, but also really glad I bought a new hiking book when I went to the Audubon Society the other night...

No comments:

Post a Comment