Sunday, March 20, 2011

One more band and it would've been a late Friday five.

I never gave the Portland Cello Project much thought. In fact, I tend to shy away from anything with "cello" in the name. Same with Pink Martini (/"pink"). Both bands are pretty big in Portland but despite gigs at places I love and/or with bands I love, I just never bothered with either of them.

Tonight I saw this. Be sure to read the description for context. Apparently they have also covered R. Kelly, A-Ha and Britney Spears (just to name a few). I might have to check them out. And that is the last time you will ever see "R. Kelly" or "Britney Spears" mentioned on this blog.

I stand by my Pink Martini decision though. I mean, really. I guess I get it, but it's not my thing.

I found these looking for a great Loch Lomond performance. Still looking, but I'm pretty sure I was at this show. It was the one where Ritchie's socks kept falling down, right?

And let the record show that I WILL see Flogging Molly live someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment