Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another belated Friday five.

I always enjoy making CDs for people, even if they might not enjoy them, because I get to sort through my digital music and wonder where the hell some of it came from. I've listened to it and kept it around, so clearly I like it, but...

Five cases in point:

  • "Kalimba" by Mr. Scruff (from the album Ninja Tuna, of course)
  • "Bongo Bong" by Manu Chao (so catchy! but so odd!)
  • "Incredibly Drunk on Whiskey" (which is literally exactly what the song is about) by Memphis
  • "Dawn of the Dead" by Does It Offend You, Yeah? (from You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into*)
  • and OH MY GOD who put all this John Denver in my iTunes library?!**
My recent endeavors to upload all remaining music to my new computer resulted in mystery CDs/jump drives and no track lists which required searching for song names/albums by lyrics. And it seems that of late, my short-term memory has gone to hell. Are you responsible for any of this? If so, thanks!

_______________
* I like the song but that is just way too many words. In everything. And I am not a fan of this punctuation-in-band-names-phase (I'm talking to you, Portugal. The Man).

** OK, that was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment