Saturday, May 16, 2009

Belated Friday five.

Five things that did not suck this week, in no particular order:

  • Watching the Penguins move on to the next playoff series. And seeing all the swear words and ":(" FB stati from all the Caps fans. Suckers! (Wait, did I say that out loud?)
  • Geeking out at an excel class, followed by two hours in an amazing Goodwill where all the yuppie people and yuppie department stores donate their clothes (a pair of not-Old-Navy jeans, a work-friendly shirt, a glass sautee pan lid and a vase for $12! I had forgotten how much I loved thrift store shopping), followed by an amazing soup place in the Goodwill strip mall that serves huge wonderful bowls of soup for $3.25...
  • ... followed by free tickets to an excellent show at the Doug Fir. Hooray for elitism (Yelp stylie).
  • Ben Folds at the Roseland. Finally, finally, finally, I saw this guy (and his band). About three songs in, I was dubious - it sounded just like the CDs and looked nothing like what I'd seen on youtube clips. But then he confessed to having a migraine, which he gets about twice a year, and popped a couple anti-migraine pills... OK, when I get a migraine (also about twice a year), the most I can do is get up to wet a washcloth with cold water, stumble back to bed and put it over my eyes along with the blankets... But he was up there jamming under strobe lights and a screaming crowd, and suddenly his pain pills kicked in and it looked exactly like what I'd seen on youtube clips. Migraine WIN!
  • Doing nothing other than catching up on Lost (no matter how lame the show has become) on a Saturday night. Two late nights in a row? I'm old, people. Bloody old and bloody tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment