Thursday, September 08, 2005

Just call me Jeb Bush.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time at work today ballot-stuffing votes for the theme to a fun new program I signed up to lead. (And also recruiting others to help me ballot-stuff.)

I mean, people, please. I KNOW what to do with a pirate theme. Beach theme? Ehhhhh, maybe. Sports theme? Anyone who caught my baseball-themed presentation on "the project from hell," where I basically threw in baseball terminology incorrectly and frequently, only because the World Series was upon us at the time and I wanted people to pay attention to the topic, knows that I don't do sports. But pirates? Shiver me timbers, I am SO there.

2 comments:

  1. Arrrrrr, matey. And who be playin' Katie Harris to yer Jebbie Bush, hey?
    Arrrrrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to stuff the ballot box. You're running the election. Just declare the Pirate Theme the winner, regardless of how many votes it gets!

    I see you as the Benevolent Dictator of the departmental rewards program. You are doing the people a kindness by letting them vote, letting them think they have a say in their day-to-day life. But, since you are in charge and you know that the Pirate Theme would be the bestest, most kick-ass theme possible, in your role as Benevolent Dictator and doing what's right for the people, you should just declare the Pirate Theme the overwhelming winner.

    It's admirable that you are doing a Richard Daley-style ballot stuffing attempt to make the results seem semi-legit, but seriously you should just go for the Papa Doc Duvalier-style of selecting the winner for the people. :)

    ReplyDelete