Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Dilly-dallying, carrots... oh, and assless chaps.

Catching up on the past few days' activities...

I talked with a few people about a job last Friday.

Wait, let me preface this to say that I am not one to dilly-dally about things. When my truck died, I bought the first car I test drove. After the third street riot outside my last apartment, I signed a lease for the first potential apartment I walked through. I was running errands one day last year, had a random thought about buying an iPod, and did that same day. Some might substitute "think at all about" for "dilly-dally about" in that first sentence, but these things have all worked out well for me.

So back to our regularly scheduled blog. I talked with a few people about a job last Friday. I wasn't really interested in the job walking into the interview (which might be why the discussion went so well? hard to know). They seemed very interested in my abilities, they seemed very intelligent and nice, and the project seemed challenging enough and a good match with my skills. Walking out of the interview, I was pretty sure I would sign up. Fortunately, I thought about it quite a bit this weekend and decided that it had enough drawbacks that it would be a "frying pan into fire" kind of situation, which I most certainly do not need. And so for once I chose to dilly-dally and put a concentrated effort into figuring out what I really wanted to do, rather than jumping on the first opportunity that would get me out of my current sitch. Pro-gress.

Next. Had a very productive conversation with some people today and left the meeting feeling like THEY GOT IT. I realize that it's just the dangling carrot of possibility moving closer to my reach (but still just out of reach!) than it has been in the past, but I haven't been this optimistic in... well, years, probably. Almost curious enough to stick it out a little longer. Almost, but not quite.

Finally. Next time someone invites me to a San Francisco street fair, I am doing my research first.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for dilly-dallying and sticking it out longer! (Yes, I'm being selfish!) And, excellent haiku! :)

    ReplyDelete