Sunday, February 26, 2017

The winter of our discontent, week 5.

Here is this week's weekly wrap-up of "something actives"...

SUNDAY: attended town hall with Senator Wyden. Some rah rah political talk, but good to hear the actions he's taking, especially with regards to Russia. A surprisingly good turnout too, and lots of young folks asking thoughtful questions.

good show, Coos County

MONDAY: attended the county Democrats fundraiser and sold lots of buttons.

I also modeled hats for sale

TUESDAY: attended the city council meeting. (Parks & Rec, people, Parks & Rec.)

WEDNESDAY: I don't remember. But I've been on a petition signing kick lately - pretty much anything that comes into my inbox gets a signature. I know it's useless but sometimes it makes me feel better. So I'm sure I did some of that on Wednesday.

THURSDAY: attended a Board meeting for a local homeless non-profit and agreed to donate a few bookkeeping hours a month. Also gave a presentation at the library on WWOOFing, and ended with encouraging folks to support the local food movement. (No big ag!)

FRIDAY: bought a lot of Oregon Coast postcards to be mailed over the next few weeks. Our local Walgreens has them discounted for $0.09 each!

I thought they'd be crap for the price, but they're so pretty!

SATURDAY: attended a non-profit volunteer fair (for networking, not because I need anything else to do right now) and recruited someone's help for a "women in politics" talk that's coming up in March.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment