Monday, April 28, 2014

100 happy days: week 5.

Seven more of my 100 happy days...

Day 72

Day 72: when we saw schools of tiny fish porpoising while we were kayaking in Lan Ha Bay. (Not pictured: tiny porpoising fish. Or kayak.)

Day 71

Day 71: when the Year Two plan started to come together again.

Day 70

Day 70: when the most patient snail on earth let me take a billion photos of him. (Her?)

Day 69

Day 69: when Cat Ba Beach #3 reminded me of the Oregon coast.

Day 68

Day 68: when taking the road less traveled led to this beautiful valley. And then I got to drive a motorbike for a few minutes. (That was enough.)

Day 67

Day 67: when this happened. It wasn't exactly what I hoped when I first wrote the piece. And we didn't exactly see a surge in hits to the blog, or any comments whatsoever. But I wrote it, I put it out there to four potential "publishers" (see Day 97), the Parks Canada folks responded and were really awesome about it, and the post got retweeted to their 65K followers and then some. All of this while I was enjoying Vietnam and fighting Facebook and Twitter blocks, no less. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Day 66

Day 66: when we didn't take one of these massive cruisers through Halong Bay. Hooray for one-story 20-passenger junk boats!

No comments:

Post a Comment