Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Want. Comfort. Food.

And thus begins the TMI portion of this post.

It seems inhumane that I should be denied gooey, warm, doughy pizza whilst enduring a sinus infection and the early signs of PMS.  But I guess this is my fate.  I've never been one for chocolate, really, but dark chocolate and peanut butter it is tonight.  Along with a screening of Julie and Julia.

And thus ends the TMI portion of this post.

So far so good, otherwise.  I've managed to stick to the foods I can eat, remember the separation of grain and dairy, and enjoy some delicious indulgences...

U-Pick berrypallooza

... a lovely raw meal at Blossoming Lotus on Sunday evening...

walnut pizza crust and cashew "cheese" - soooo delicious
followed by a wonderful tofu/quinoa dish and walnut falafel

and ending with me-friendly pecan pie
 
... and a delicious walnut banana pancake concoction on Sunday morning.  Must get that recipe.

I've also been inspired to make my own almond and coconut milk, since the store-bought variety contains Vitamin A Palmitate and various other bad-for-me things.  (Links are more complicated than the recipes I actually used - which just included soaking almonds/coconut overnight and blending with water, which turned out perfectly sweet on their own - but I'm dying to mix in cinnamon, vanilla and dates to see how that changes the flavor.)  And kale chips!  Six dollars at the farmer's market?  Pshhaw.

Who knew this could be so easy and so very delicious?  Well, I do and now you do. 

I have to say, between the whole milk, whole yogurt, whole cheese and all these nuts I will gain 874 pounds on this endeavor, but dammit, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment