Sunday, May 22, 2011

Belated Friday five.

I have never claimed to be a "foodie" but I do enjoy food. In honor of The Rapture(TM) or lack thereof, I bring you five things I would want at my last supper. In no particular order except perhaps the last, most important item:

  • an Arizmendi cherry corn scone (or six)
  • a slice (or six) of Zachary's spinach/mushroom stuffed pizza
  • The Olive Garden's spinach artichoke dip customized my way - more spinach, more artichoke, more parmesan cheese, more black pepper plus a little red, and more oven time
  • crab ranggoon from Sweet Basil
  • a bottle of Suntory Yamazaki, preferably the 25 year - but any year will do, really
I have an entire photo gallery of foreign food over my dining room table, but aside from swapping bullets #1-4 with an authentic Ecuadorian empenada or ceviche, or a kilo of that fine Andean cheese, I'm opting to stay semi-local.

There is no dessert on this list either. Despite my recent cookie obsession I'm just not big on sweets. (I considered something involving peanut butter but really, I've eaten enough of it in this lifetime. Chocolate? Nah. Which is not to say I'm not about to enjoy a bowl of B&J's peanut butter cup ice cream...)

________________
Inspired by this, which I ran across via a pretty darned circuitous route. Local, low-key, overcast Sunday = waaaaaay too much time on ye olde www...

No comments:

Post a Comment