Saturday, May 07, 2011

Belated Friday five.

Next month will mark a year in my fine '70s apartment, so I figured it was about time to get some greenery in here. My pots have been taking up space in the closet for far too long and the fake flowers I bought as an interim step are beginning to wear out their welcome. I also haven't done much local shopping lately so it was a good excuse to hit the Portland Nursery...

Behold my overwhelmingly exciting Saturday. Later I might vacuum!

Anyway, five oxygen-generating, smile-inducing additions to the abode, in no particular order:

Nephtytis - I'm a sucker for multicolored leaves

two "2 Inch Tropical Plants" (that's really the
name on the tag) for the bathroom


New Guinea Impatiens - should bloom orange, to match the couch

peace lily now gracing the bedroom, in the hopes
that it will bring me more pleasant
dreams than the one I had last night

When it comes to houseplants I usually have three requirements: smallish, needing low light (I tend to keep the shades closed), hard to kill. Check, check and check.

I give them all about a month of survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment