Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Wednesday three: come and see.

Three songs I love to hear on cold, rainy Portland winter days, in no particular order:

  • "Dry the Rain" - The Beta Band
  • "A Distorted Reality Is Now A Necessity To Be Free" - Elliott Smith
  • "Company In My Back" - Wilco
There is a great YouTube video of the first one, without heads in the way or people talking over the sound or just a shot of an album cover with the song playing in the background or someone covering the song. The other two? Just trust me. They're good rain songs. I miss Elliott Smith.

Bonus Wednesday three... Three songs I love to hear when the rain is blowing sideways in sheets and you can't feel your fingers or toes, in no particular order:
  • "The Island" - The Decemberists
  • "Waiting for the Bus" - Violent Femmes
  • "Engwish Bwudd" - Man Man
And you?

No comments:

Post a Comment