Monday, July 04, 2005

Live from the archives.

Something I ran across a few nights ago while perusing my email archive from 2000:

I watched an ant climb a blade of grass this morning. When he reached the top, his weight bent the blade down to the ground. Then, twisting his thorax with insectile precision, he grabbed hold of the next blade. In this manner, he traveled across the lawn, covering as much distance vertically as he did horizontally, which amused and delighted me. And then, all at once, I had what is sometimes called an "epiphany", a moment of heightened awareness in which everything becomes clear. Yes, hunched over that ant on my hands and knees, I suddenly knew what I had to do...

Quit drinking before noon.

I didn't write it but I wish I had... However, other than little gems like these, I do not under any circumstances recommend reading old email archives, or journal entries, or letters from the past... Unless you have this burning desire to relive what a jackass you were back in the day (and how little you have changed in some areas over the past five years).

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment