Tuesday, July 05, 2005

But the Colorado rocky mountain high...

I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye
Rocky mountain hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...

And so I'm all packed for five days and four nights in fun-filled Colorado. Well, at least Friday evening through Sunday will be fun-filled. Can't guarantee the same for Wednesday through Friday. Checking my attitude at the door, though. Promise.

Everything fit into a fairly small duffel bag, and now I'm just waiting for the "oh shit" factor to kick in - the moment in time when I realize that I have forgotten to pack something large and important. This moment usually occurs on the plane, and the size and importance of the item is usually directly correlated to how far away I'm going. Going to LA for a night? Oh shit, forgot my toothbrush. Going to Belize for 7 days? Oh shit, forgot my gallon of SPF 50 sunscreen.

Double checking... Cool. The hiking boots are packed. Really now, on a trip to some of the best mountains this side of the Mississippi, what could be more large or important than those?

No comments:

Post a Comment