Wednesday, July 02, 2014

100 happy days: OH HAPPY DAY IT'S THE LAST WEEK!!

This is it! The very last week of the 100 happy days project! I could not be happier!

Here is the grand finale of photos of things that made me happy over the last eight days... (Yes, I am aware that there are seven days in a week. You must've missed the last installment.)

Day 8

Day 8: when we dropped our laundry off at the place across from our guesthouse and walked by an hour later to see it hanging on the fence. And then we got it all back the next day, every last sock and t-shirt. Thailand is such a trusting country. Don't tell anyone but I've even stopped wearing my money belt that I have been religiously using since September, and instead I just carry everything around in my purse.

Day 7

Day 7: when these two little guys headbutted each other right before I snapped this photo.

Day 6

Day 6: when we had coffee in front of this scene in a little mountain town. I want a bike exactly like that when I get back.

Day 5

Day 5: when we randomly wandered into this wat that had beautiful mosaic flowers inlaid in the sidewalk. The actual temple hosted a 12-meter reclining Buddha in what appeared to be a former school gymnasium, rather than an ornate Lanna- or Burmese-architectured, gold encrusted building. I think it's my favorite wat so far.

Day 4

Day 4: when we spontaneously bought these pork sausages on the way to the early morning bus to Mae Sariang. They turned out to be curry spiced, and they were so, so good.  After this trip I know we will seriously cut back on our pork intake but for now, I'm just enjoying every single bite.

Day 3

Day 3: when elephant tree aht happened right before it rained for the rest of the day.

Day 2

Day 2: when we visited a beautiful wat up on a hill, with a lovely view of the town, and a gorgeous 12+ meter Buddha statue... and this ginormous amplifier underneath the prayer bell.  You know, for all the wat raves, I guess?

Day 1

Day 1: WHEN I FINISHED THIS RIDICULOUS PROJECT.

So, I did it.

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment