Tuesday, May 13, 2014

100 happy days: week 7.

And so on and so forth with the 100 happy days project!

Day 58

Day 58: when the pictures of the carvings at My Son Sanctuary turned out better than the pictures of the ruins themselves. I loved these faces. So crazy to think that civilizations centuries before us found meaning in them. We are so small in the grand scheme of things.

Day 57

Day 57: when the most amazing little dog sat in this pose for a few minutes. I've seen dogs stretch in downward dog but I've never seen a dog hold this position. (I really hope it was intentional instead of it being that the dog just couldn't get up.)

Day 56

Day 56: when we returned to Hue.  I like that city a lot.  It's very reminiscent of Portland.

Actually this photo was taken on Day 54 but I don't have any relevant photos from Day 56 and it's my 100 Happy Days project so I can do whatever I want.

Day 55

Day 55: when the vegetarian restaurant still existed, and was open, and their food was delicious. We'd had a bit of a losing streak on food the days leading up to this photo so I would've just been happy if this place Still Existed. Open and Delicious Food were bonuses.

Day 54

Day 54: when I helped this little guy get up a steep curb near a park in Hue. He tried a few times on his own, appearing to stand on his little snake tippie-toes, but he couldn't quite reach the top of the curb so I got a stick and lifted him up. (At least I think I helped him - he looked a little confused when I set him down.)

Actually I didn't take this photo but it's my 100 Happy Days project so I can do whatever I want.

Day 53

Day 53: when we finally had take-away in plastic bags. This chicken curry was spicy, delicious, and about $0.50 - and served by the friendliest Laotians we have met so far. Perfect.

Day 52

Day 52: when stop signs are written in different languages. More often than not, it's the same shape as the US version with "STOP" in English (no matter what the local language is) - it's very disorienting! Quebec, Morocco, and Laos have been the only times "stop" has been written in the local language.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And then yesterday we saw a dog do a whole series of poses - downward dog, thread the needle left, thread the needle right, downward dog, happy baby, and then that "dead bug" one where you writhe around on your back a bit. It must be all the Buddhism over here. :)

      Delete