Thursday, June 28, 2012

I predict a lot of salads in my future.

Day 4 of feeling great - so far, so good.  I had a momentary panic about figuring out where to go to lunch today to celebrate something with a coworker, but then my smart partner in crime reminded me that sushi is fine.  So the coworker and I enjoyed a lovely sushi lunch in the park.  And last night after wandering around adult night at the local children's museum slightly tipsy and starving, PIC and I discovered a delicious rice chip type concoction which blew me away. 

Fake meat is not okay (sadness = no more 'chicken' salad from DC Vegetarian, no more Morningstar 'chicken' nuggets, no more tofurkey sandwiches).  But real turkey is good, and I secretly really love turkey. 

I ate half the package of turkey last night
(not eating carbs makes one pretty hungry!)

I also not-so-secretly love bacon which is totally fine.  Coffee is fine, whole milk cheese is fine, Breyer's ice cream is fine and as I already mentioned, wine is fine.  The jury is still out on whiskey, but I'm giving it a try tonight just to see what happens.  (So far, so good.)

But yes.  A lot of salad in my future.  Three cheers for Portland summer farmer's markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment