Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday five.

It's that time, well it was that time yesterday, so today's Friday five is about things I am particularly thankful for right now:

  • my family, whose health has had many ups and downs over the years but who have been holding steady at "relatively healthy" lately
  • my car, which doesn't complain too much about going 1000 miles in 4 days twice in a month when it's usual average is 10 miles/week
  • my knees, which allowed me to run 9 miles Wednesday night also without much complaint (4 to go!)
  • my town, which has been very good to me over the last year and a half
  • my friends, who are mostly older and always wiser, who put up with me, make me laugh out loud (a lot), and challenge me to be a better person inside and out
And here's the cheese... it's not even good stinky runny cheese, it's the kind that's shaped into a ball and rolled in almonds that's on sale around the holidays, but it kind of spoke to me last weekend:


Like the spirit of Christmas, keep yesterday with you all through the year. Gratitude is a very powerful (and empowering) thing. Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment