Saturday, October 03, 2009

October is here already? I suspect a conspiracy.

OK, so a wrap-up on last quarter's goals:

  • At least 2 road trips - check, check.
  • New restaurant every week - I'm pretty sure I was successful in this endeavor. My favorite new find is Sweet Basil, just a few blocks from my apartment, where they serve the best crab ranggoon appetizer and the vegetarian pad thai is so earthy and hearty. And? Happy hour drinks all day Sunday, how can you beat that?
  • 5 new Portland bands - check, check, check, check, check. Favorite new PDX finds: Blind Pilot and Morning Teleportation. Lots of great stuff out of the overall PNW at the music fest though.
  • Anything on The List - #10, check. (I knew it was on the list somewhere.)
And so, the goals for the next few months:
  • Three things/month from Fugitives and Refugees.
  • Run 13 miles by December 31. Yesterday I ran for the first time in months and it felt great (although it was a bit painful). If I increase a mile a week, 13 miles in as many weeks will be gravy.
  • Figure out "the plan." Um, yeah. More to come on that.
  • Anything on The List... although I'm two years ahead already, soon to be three. Perhaps I should enjoy the moment and slow down?

No comments:

Post a Comment