Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I need to re-prioritize "learn Spanish."

If I get irritated at someone who has just picked up and moved here to "scope it out" to see if they want to stay, when I basically did the same thing 18 months ago, does that make me acclimated, or just rude?

Or both?

Or maybe just jealous. This Texas-born person had just come from somewhere in South America, and from the sound of it (because boy, was she chatty, which was not exactly well received after I'd spent the day on an airplane) she'd been traveling worldwide for quite some time. Apparently she got by as a "spiritual healer" - although I have never seen a spiritual healer wear so much makeup and tight clothing before, nor have I ever met such a person from the state of Texas.

My friend's sister has almost convinced me that after Antarctica I need to hang out in Argentina and Chile for a while. It's incredibly tempting...

No comments:

Post a Comment