Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So not a Friday five.

Five things that I am going to do, starting in 2013, in no particular order:

  • Eliminate selfish, thoughtless negativity.  In my work relationships, my personal relationships, even the entertainment I choose.  My time on this planet is too short and deserves more laughter and less frowning.  (This one is gonna be tough.  I admit that wholeheartedly.  Please bear with me.)
  • Read more.  A whole lot more. Time to get back to my Read-a-Thon-stuffed-McGruff-the-Crime-Dog-winning-days of elementary school.*  
  • Write more.  It's fun!  I like it.  I hope you do too.
  • Yoga.  I do it now, sporadically, when time permits and/or when muscles are achy and/or when it's really cold and rainy outside.  I think that defeats the purpose of yoga.
  • Slow down.  Because really, unless someone is dying or about to give birth, nothing is that important.
These are not resolutions, because resolutions are (frankly) copouts.

These are things I am going to do. 

Dammit.

Happy forthcoming 2013!

________________
* Don't worry, I won't ask for $0.10 for every book I read.  I might raid your kids' next bookmobile visit though.

No comments:

Post a Comment