Sunday, August 26, 2012

Belated Friday five.

 
I think we're gonna need a bigger grill

Five things I have recently done with an abundance of suburban house-sitting zucchini, in no particular order:
  • Buckwheat zucchini bread.  (I subbed sorghum flour - my new favorite flour! - for AP flour.)  Due to the aforementioned abundance of zucchini, we've tried numerous variations on this recipe, including muffins instead of loaf bread, subbing mashed banana for applesauce, adding currants, adding dark chocolate chips and walnuts.  It's BREAD THAT I CAN EAT (!) and I can't complain about any of it, although I lean less toward the currants and more toward the dark chocolate chips and walnuts.  But it's really alllll good and I will happily eat the currant muffins tomorrow morning.
  • Zucchini bread with chocolate chips.  As much as I wanted to love this recipe, it was only good when compared to the above recipe.  To be fair, it could be that I used sorghum flour for the almond flour.  But we are still enjoying the leftovers of this too.
  • Zucchini cakes.  At first I thought this was actual cake and I got very excited.  Upon reading the recipe one evening I realized it was a breakfast thing, so we tried it... twice... and it was good, but not something I would make if I didn't have an abundance of zucchini on hand.  Don't skimp on the dill and salt the zucchini for a good half hour before embarking upon this one.

  • Stuffed zucchini with tomatoes and mozzarella.  O. M. G.  So tasty.  So. Tasty.
  • Grilled zucchini. I can't believe there are actual recipes for this.  I mean, you just slice it, throw it on the grill and enjoy.  Who really needs a recipe for that?
I miss that Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment